Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> said:
> On 8/3/10 5:23 PM, Richard Miles wrote:
>> I had not installed fc-ghostscript-fonts. I did that and it fails here:
>> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../src -I../wrlib -I../WINGs -I/sw/include
>>   -DLOCALEDIR=\"/sw/lib/locale\"  -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -c
>> FontSimple.c
>> FontSimple.c:26:35: error: fontconfig/fontconfig.h: No such file or
>> directory
>
><snip>
>
> It also happens on 10.5.  Fontconfig2 has a private path for its headers
> (due to recent changes, possibly):
>
> /sw/lib/fontconfig2/include/fontconfig
> /sw/lib/fontconfig2/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h
> /sw/lib/fontconfig2/include/fontconfig/fcprivate.h
> /sw/lib/fontconfig2/include/fontconfig/fontconfig.h
>
> so its headers aren't being found.

It also may have worked on certain platforms where X11 supplies the
appropriate fontconfig pieces "differently", or was previously picking
up a "missing BuildDepends" package. But anyway, the minimum fix for
me (10.6/i386) is explicitly passing the (correctly detected) flags:

  perl -pi -e 's/(AM_CPPFLAGS.*)/\1 \...@xftflags\@/' WPrefs.app/Makefile.in

to enable it to compile completely. Now then, it's still doing some
(we have now learned) risky mixing of x11 and fink libraries. For
"less likely to have random runtime crash due to binary
incompatibility", want to make more sure it uses fink stuff
consistently whenever available. Toss this into ConfigureParams:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=%p/lib/fontconfig2/lib/pkgconfig:%p/lib/xft2/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

and *don't* do NoSetCPPFLAGS:true. That allows clean use of
dependencies on the fontconfig2 and freetype219 library packages.

It's still picking x11's libpng library and fink's libpng headers (!),
I assume because of SetLDFLAGS:-L/usr/X11R6/lib. Not sure what that
flag is supposed to fix, but need something different.

Finally, the windowmaker-shlibs .deb doesn't pass validation (wrong
Shlibs field).

dan

--
Daniel Macks