Hi Andres,

>> I can confirm pdftk-1.44.1 still failing on compilation. I get loads of
>> error messages. Platform: 10.5 Intel Unstable tree (Fink 0.29.19).
>> [...]
>> gcj-fsf-4.5: java_lib.jar: No such file or directory
>
> In OpenSUSE-11.4 I compiled pdftk-1.44 using the makefile Makefile.Redhat.
>
> If I set
>  export VERSUFF=-4.5,
> I got the same error.
>
> After setting
>  export VERSUFF=
> I could continue building, and got a working pdftk.

What is the equivalent of VERSUFF in Fink? VERSUFF appears to be empty, so
export VERSUFF= won't change anything.

I wonder if I am the only one having these problems. Althoug the developer
is said to be aware of these problems there has nothing happened for
weeks, and the issue has not even mentioned any more (until today). So I
am more and more suspicious that, once again, my system is somewhat
special in having problems that others do not/no longer have...

Best wishes,

Ingo