On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Alexander Hansen
<alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/22/11 11:34 AM, lina wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> today i tried fink install somepackage
>>
>> it's installed the version 4.1 while I noticed the latest version is
>> 4.5
>
> Version in Fink or upstream version?
>

>> how can I update "somepackage" to the latest one,
>>
>> parts of my sources.list is :
>>
>> deb file:/sw/fink local main deb file:/sw/fink stable main crypto
>> deb file:/sw/fink local injected
>
>> Thanks with best regards,
>>
>> lina
>>

> Your sources.list isn't very relevant, since that just shows that you're
> using the stable tree on *some* OS version.  The only packages you will
> have access to are those you built yourself.
>
> If you want help, provide some more useful information:
>
> 1)  The output of "fink -V | head -n3", so that we know what OS version
> you're on and what packages and versions are available there.

$ fink -V | head -n3
Package manager version: 0.30.2
Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Fri Jul 22 21:21:47 2011, 10.6, x86_64
Trees: local/main stable/main stable/crypto local/injected

> 2)  The actual name of the package, because by obfuscating the package
> name we don't even know _what_ versions are available.

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/browse.php?summary=gromacs

above link is the package,

The ones installed on my box is

$ dpkg --get-selections | grep gromacs
gromacs                                         install
gromacs-bin                                     install
gromacs-dev                                     install
gromacs-shlibs                                  install

which version is 4.0.5. I wish I can get 4.5.3.

Thanks for your help,

--
Best Regards,

lina