On 6/18/2012 11:22 AM, Alexander Hansen wrote:
> On 6/18/12 8:20 AM, Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:
>> On 6/17/2012 2:17 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:
>>> /sw/var/lib/fink/path-prefix-clang/g++ -o dom_quickstubs.o -c
>>
>>> Package manager version: 0.33.1
>>> Distribution version: selfupdate-cvs Sat Jun 16 20:20:54 2012, 10.7,
>>> x86_64
>>> Trees: local/main stable/main local/injected
>>> Xcode.app: 4.3.3
>>> Xcode command-line tools: 4.3.0.0.1
>>> Max. Fink build jobs:  1
>>
>> Known failure when gcc-4.2 has disappeared from later Xcode versions.
>> I've now made it an explicit BDep so that the failure happens
>> immediately during pkg initialization rather than at compile time.  I
>> thought that had already been added, but I guess never made it into
>> Fink's CVS.
>>
>> For the record, firefox-x11 is pretty much impossible for me to upgrade
>> to newer versions that work with clang.  Required patching for other
>> problems that arose since fx8 was released needs to wade though multiple
>> layers of idl generated headers and Makefiles to remove multiple layers
>> of assumptions that OS X = cocoa toolkit.
>>
>> Hanspeter
>
> Could it be tweaked to use e.g. gcc47?

Not easily (at least by me).  I had to fix two minor issues, but then
the build fails with this:

In file included from
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/Foundation.h:120:0,
                  from
/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Headers/Cocoa.h:12,
                  from
/sw/build.build/firefox8-8.0.1-2.2/mozilla-release/netwerk/wifi/osx_corewlan.mm:37:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSTask.h:75:24:
error: expected unqualified-id before '^' token
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSTask.h:75:24:
error: expected ')' before '^' token

Since it's a system header, I have no idea on how to correct the firefox
code to not die there. Suggestions welcome.

I also tried switching to use system-clang-2.1 (clang-3.1 fails badly),
and it builds quite a bit further, but still dies linking libxul.dylib:

   "_oc_state_loop_filter_frag_rows_mmxext", referenced from:
       _th_decode_packetin in decode.o
   "_oc_restore_fpu_mmx", referenced from:
       _th_decode_packetin in decode.o
   "_oc_state_accel_init_x86", referenced from:
       _oc_state_init in state.o
   "_oc_loop_filter_init_mmxext", referenced from:
       _th_decode_packetin in decode.o
   "_oc_state_frag_recon_mmx", referenced from:
       _th_decode_packetin in decode.o
   "_oc_frag_copy_list_mmx", referenced from:
       _th_decode_packetin in decode.o

The only instance of this I could find was an earlier thread on this
list 2 months ago, and no ideas on how to find the missing symbols.
Suggestions welcome again.

Hanspeter