On 11/30/12 5:20 PM, John Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have tried 3 or 4 times to get fink to build fvwm2 on my imac.  I am
> running Snow Leopard.  I get the following error :
>
> failed Phase Compiling : Fvwm2-no-gnome-2.6.1-3 Failed.
>
> The actual error is :
> /sw/include/libintl.h:440:error: Expected  '=', ',' ';' , 'asm', or
> '__attribute__' before 'libintl_newlolcale'

Is that hand-typed rather than copied and pasted directly from the
terminal?  I'm showing similar issues involving 'libintl_newlocale'.

> make[2]: *** [menus:o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I am including the following information because the error message
> suggested that I do so
>
> Package manager version: 0.34.4
> Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Fri Nov 30 14:55:52 2012, 10.6, i386
> Trees: local/main stable/main
> Xcode.app: 3.2.6
> Xcode command-line tools: 3.2.6
> Max. Fink build jobs:  1

And we ask that you do so because we can't log in to your machine and
check that. :-)

> If anyone could help me out or give me a hint I would greatly appreciate
> it.  Thanks very much.
> John

We've seen similar issues with gtk+2 and vim.  There's not a real
workaround--this package needs to be updated.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison