Is this Y2K38 problem related to mplayer not finding the library? In
my system, I do have fribidi-shlib installed, with libraries in
/sw/lib, but mplayer seems to look for them in
/sw/src/fink.build/root-fribidi-0.19.5-1/sw/lib/libfribidi.0.dylib

It looks to me like mplayer is looking for the library in a somewhat
temporary location, rather than the standard one?

Alfredo