Hi,

I've posted the full output from the build process at
http://pastebin.com/G3wzmRXw

There appear to be two problems
a) the wrong version of the mcontext struct is included or accessed by
Address Sanitizer (line 1052 of the pastebin for the initial
bootstrap, lines 2922 and 3174 once clang is used after stage 1). This
is the definition in /usr/include/ppc/_structs.h

#if __DARWIN_UNIX03
#define _STRUCT_MCONTEXT        struct __darwin_mcontext
_STRUCT_MCONTEXT
{
         _STRUCT_PPC_EXCEPTION_STATE     __es;
         _STRUCT_PPC_THREAD_STATE        __ss;
         _STRUCT_PPC_FLOAT_STATE         __fs;
         _STRUCT_PPC_VECTOR_STATE        __vs;
};
#else /* !__DARWIN_UNIX03 */
#define _STRUCT_MCONTEXT        struct mcontext
_STRUCT_MCONTEXT
{
         _STRUCT_PPC_EXCEPTION_STATE     es;
         _STRUCT_PPC_THREAD_STATE        ss;
         _STRUCT_PPC_FLOAT_STATE         fs;
         _STRUCT_PPC_VECTOR_STATE        vs;
};
#endif /* __DARWIN_UNIX03 */

Address Sanitizer uses "ss", but complains it can't find it, so I
guess that __DARWIN_UNIX03 gets defined somewhere.

b) once clang has been bootstrapped (which works without a successful
build of ASAN), the above errors remain and some extra ones appear
about unsupported block syntax (although clang apparently advertises
that it does support blocks, since it got past the ifdef), see lines
2926/3178 of the pastebin.

I'm currently trying to build llvm 3.2 to see whether that works better.

Thanks,

Jonas

PS: I'm actually only interested in llvm, not in clang, but there does
not appear to be an option to skip clang.