Hello,

At 17:03 -0800 on 2013-12-2 Alexander Hansen wrote:

 > On 12/2/13 4:54 PM, Stefan Bruda wrote:
 > >
 > > This has been known to happen for at least two months
 > > <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.fink.general/37403>.
 >
 > That doesn't mean the maintainer read it.  Unfortunately, he was
 > using the old finkproject.org server, and didn't necessarily read
 > -users.  I _think_ I mentioned it on IRC, but the institutional
 > memory there is short.

You did indeed.  Unfortunately I am not aware of any other maintainer
email (and so the package is still broken).

 > >   > Your error is because there is no 10.7 SDK on 10.9.  It's
 > >   > possible that a newer version of osxfuse might fix that.
 > >
 > > I tried it but got stymied very early in the process, namely at the
 > > fetch phase.  The sources are pulled off Github which I am not
 > > familiar with at all, so I have no idea how to instruct Fink to fetch
 > > the new release; heck, I was not even aware that one can pull tarballs
 > > out of Github...  Should somebody be able to guide me on the fetch
 > > matter I would be happy to give it a try and report back.
 >
 > It looks like the current sources are:
 >
 > /sw/fink/10.7/stable/main/finkinfo/libs/osxfuse.info:Source:
 > https://github.com/osxfuse/kext/tarball/636f95e
 > /sw/fink/10.7/stable/main/finkinfo/libs/osxfuse.info:Source2:
 > https://github.com/osxfuse/fuse/tarball/daab972
 >
 > You'll want to change the last digits to correspond to the relevant
 > commit IDs.

Thanks, I was able to download the sources.  Unfortunately said
sources insist in wanting llvm-gcc42 (which does not exist anymore
within Xcode) even after eliminating any reference thereof from the
info file.  I know next to nothing about how Xcode works so I am not
able to proceed any further.  So as far as I am concerned the next
question would be whether we have any way to contact the maintainer...

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it
isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.  --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

No HTML emails and proprietary attachments please <http://bruda.ca/ascii>