On 12/12/13 8:48 AM, Peter Young wrote:
> I received the following error message when running fink update-all,
> after having previously run fink selfupdate.
>
> /usr/bin/xcodebuild -UsePerConfigurationBuildLocations=NO SYMROOT=.
> Error: No developer directory found at /Developer. Run
> /usr/bin/xcode-select to update the developer directory path.

<snip>

> I have XCode 4.3.2 for which there is no /Developer  directory but the
> program doesn't seem to know this.
> Other info:
> Mac Pro, OS X 10.7.5, XQuartz 2.6.5.
> Package manager version: 0.36.1
> Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Thu Dec 12 00:07:04 2013, 10.7,
> x86_64
> Trees: local/main stable/main
> No recognized Xcode.app installed
> Xcode command-line tools: 4.3.0.0.1.1249367152
> Max. Fink build jobs:  1
>
> Peter Young
> --
> Peter Young
> Office    : 212 Interdisciplinary Sciences Building
> Address: Physics Department, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064
> e-mail    : petery <mailto:pe...@physics.ucsc.edu>@ucsc.edu
> WWW    : http://young.physics.ucsc.edu <http://physics.ucsc.edu/~peter>
> Tel.        : (831) 459-4151,  messages (2329), Fax : (831) 459-3043

The error message (not one of ours) was attempting to tell you how to
fix it, but did a poor job.  You need to use

sudo xcode-select -switch /path/to/Xcode.app

(replacing the last item with your actual path to Xcode.app).  The "No
recognized Xcode.app installed" message from fink is an additional
indicator that this wasn't set up.

We also need to update the build depends of launch to use "xcode.app".
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison