I just had reason to install and try to use libzbar, and it
causes a segfault when I try to import it:

/sw/bin/python2.7
Python 2.7.6 (default, Nov 17 2013, 01:54:12)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 4.2 (clang-425.0.27)] on
darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
information.
>>> import zbar
Segmentation fault: 11

I think this might be related to the crash I was getting
with spyder on 10.9, but have not yet tested that (as I'm on
a 10.7 machine and the moment).

Any suggestions for debugging or fixing this greatly
appreciated!  Am I simply doing the wrong thing and there
isn't a python module to import?  I was trying to use it
with this
http://code.google.com/p/qtqr/source/browse/qrtools.py
which does try to do import zbar

many thanks,
-- Viv
Dr Viv Kendon    http://quantum.leeds.ac.uk/~viv
tel: +44 113 343 4864      Physics and Astronomy
Quantum Information Group    University of Leeds