[100%] Built target rsession
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/sw/build.build/rstudio-desktop-0.98.653-0.92/rstudio-0.98.653/build'
/sw/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start
/sw/build.build/rstudio-desktop-0.98.653-0.92/rstudio-0.98.653/build/CMakeFiles 0
  fink-package-precedence --prohibit-bdep rstudio-desktop .
No dependency files found.
Scanning /\.Plo,\.Po$/ dependency files...
[...]
Failed: phase compiling: rstudio-desktop-0.98.653-0.92 failed

If your build system doesn't generate dependency-tracking files that follow the
libtool-like naming, you have to set compiler flags and/or
fink-package-precedence flags in order to generate them or find whatever naming
your build system does use. I suspect this error is not specific to 10.8, and
that this package either has *never* actually built successfully or else has
some important missing dependency that affects the generation of these files.

While looking at the .info, I see that there is no GCC:4.0 field even though
the package has c++ sources. This is a packaging policy detail.

I also see that it uses the slightly old boost1.52.0 dependency. We have 1.53
and 1.55 also available; and 1.55 is the first one that actually does behave
nicely with fink-package-precedence (once you get that working at all), though
it does require an added LDFLAGS as well as CXXFLAGS.

dan

 --
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org