As a follow-up: thank you, you were completely correct, this worked perfectly.

And yes, it took quite a very long time.

-M

On 2014/5/5 1:34 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:
On 5/5/14, 8:01 AM, Marcos Montes wrote:
Alexander,

I've got a build going on right now of another package - and other
calculations, too -  so I'll try this later.

But just to clarify: You want me to leave the word
then
at the start of the line so it is
then sed -i.orig -e
'/libguile_@GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION@_la-vm.Tpo/s|\$(CFLAGS)|& -O0|'
libguile/Makefile.in

Depending on the time when the other jobs finish, I'll see about
starting this today; but it may be tomorrow.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions; I appreciate it.

-M

woops, good thing you checked--I hadn't had my coffee yet. Drop the 'then', too:

sed -i.orig -e '/libguile_@GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION@_la-vm.Tpo/s|\$(CFLAGS)|& -O0|' libguile/Makefile.in

--
Marcos Montes, Ph.D.
Research Physicist