Jack -

Thanks for the suggestions.  I believe I did the clean bootstrap, but I have
installed fink so many times on so many different machines I honestly don't
remember how it was installed on these two machines.  They have been my primary
work machines since 2008, so there could definitely be some fossils there…

I think I will just move aside and start from scratch.  My main reason for
posting at all was to confirm that there were not other reports of similar
behavior; I never thought it was anything actually in gcc, but assumed it was
something with my install/machines.  I hope I don't have to go all the way back
to reinstall the OS….

Thanks for the help!

-geoff

--