On Sep 14, 2014, at 1:58 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> On 9/12/14, 8:33 AM, Juan M Courcoul wrote:
>> Was trying to update my wireshark installation but was met with failure.
>> Have had source build since the start. The libguile prequisite bombs out
>> when compiling, details follow. Thanks for any pointers.
>>
>> This is my production system, OS X Lion 10.7.5, XCode 4.6.1. 'fink
>> selfupdate' shows no missing fink system components. Will try later on my
>> Mavericks and Yosemite test benches.
>>
>> ---
>
> <snip>

>>   CC       libguile_2.0_la-posix.lo
>>   CC       libguile_2.0_la-net_db.lo
>>
>> Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and try again.
>
> Did the error text accidentally get snipped out?  I didn't see anything that
> looked amiss in the output you've posted.
>
> I tried building guile20 on my own 10.7/Xcode 4.6.3 setup and I didn't have
> any problems.
> --

Unfortunately, no. That's why I chose to include the whole stuff after the
source gets unpacked. Had just updated nmap with no issues and wireshark
required a whole bunch of prequisites to be updated first. All was building
merrily well when it bombed out as shown, with absolutely no indication why.
I'll try clearing out any cruft left behind and redo the build.

Thanks for your help, Dr.