Hello,

At 10:27 -0800 on 2015-1-24 Alexander Hansen wrote:

 > > On Jan 24, 2015, at 9:37 AM, Brian Hayden <bhayd...@alumni.nd.edu> wrote:
 > >
 > > When running:
 > > fink install xft2-shlibs
 > >
 > > it crashes with:
 > > libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/X11/Xft
 > > -I../include/X11/Xft -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/freetype2
 > > -I/opt/X11/include -I/sw/include -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes
 > > -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs
 > > -fno-strict-aliasing -Wbad-function-cast -Wformat=2 -Wold-style-definition
 > > -Wdeclaration-after-statement -g -O2 -MT xftglyphs.lo -MD -MP -MF
 > > .deps/xftglyphs.Tpo -c xftglyphs.c  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/xftglyphs.o
 > > xftglyphs.c:24:10: fatal error: 'freetype/ftoutln.h' file not found
 > > #include <freetype/ftoutln.h>
 > >          ^
 > > 1 error generated.
 > > make[2]: *** [xftglyphs.lo] Error 1
 > > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 > > make: *** [all] Error 2
 > >
 > > The header files are there in:
 > > /sw/include/freetype2/ftoutln.h
 > >
 > > So you can see that with the include paths
 > > -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/freetype2
 > >
 > > it would not be able to see the path where the files actually live. One
 > > can hack a fix by doing:
 > > ln -s /sw/include/freetype2 /sw/include/freetype
 >
 > We're shaking out build issues related to the new freetype release.
 > A number of other packages rely on the <freetype/HEADER.h>
 > directory setup that you noted, and we’re fixing them accordingly.
 >
 > If folks do the hack, I’d recommend removing the symlink after your
 > builds are done.

But will this hack work in practice?  I ask because in my earlier
attempts to convince somehow related things to build (namely,
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.fink.general/39311> and
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.fink.general/39313>) I tried
that first, and that caused the "Looking for incorrect headers in XXX
dependency files..." phase to complain loudly and kill the build
process.  I am therefore wondering whether there is a trick to
overcome this issue.

This is more a matter of curiosity than anything else though...

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it
isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.  --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

No HTML emails and proprietary attachments please <http://bruda.ca/ascii>