Hi,

>> The problem remained after upgrading to Emacs24.
>>

> Please assume that we don’t all use gnuplot from within emacs, and
> provide an explicit and verbose example of some steps to perform to
> see if we can reproduce the issue.

Since it is a while ago it is difficult for me to exactly reproduce the
procedures. But there has been an update to emacs23 (shortly after the
gnuplot update) after which gnuplot-mode didn't work anymore. It
definitely worked between the gnuplot update to 5.0.0 and the emacs
update (the OS update was later and just mentioned for completeness).
But maybe the gnuplot-mode files for emacs were still the ones for gp 4.6.6.

By the way, it is just the syntax highlighting I got used to. I never
used the gnuplot-bound functions inside Emacs, so it is a minor loss.
But I thought that someone might have noticed the same issue.

Best wishes,

Ingo
Ingo Thies
Argelander-Institut fuer Astronomie (AIfA)
Sternwarte, University of Bonn
Auf dem Huegel 71, D-53121 Bonn, Germany
Tel : +49 (0)228 73-3659
Mail: ith...@astro.uni-bonn.de