> On Jul 25, 2015, at 16:13, Robert Wohlhueter <bobwohlhue...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> The `ls -l` command shows "clang" in neither of the two paths.
>
> I have now idea where the version of clang in /Developer/usr/bin came from (I
> can't imagine other than from Apple).  Nevertheless, when I copy it to
> /usr/local/bin, where fink presumably can find it, I still get the "C
> compiler cannot create executables" error.
>
> I've used fink for years, and never had this problem.  The only connection I
> can think of is that I probably upgraded to Xcode 6.2 since I had prexiously
> done a "fink update-all".  (Apple says Xcode 6.4 is not compatible with OS
> 10.9.5.  That is, 6.2 is the most up-to-date version for my OS.)
>
> I am to infer from yor comments that clang is not a part of the Xcode package?
>
> Bob W.

No, it’s part of Xcode and has been the compiler that we’ve used since 10.7.
On 10.7 and 10.8 (I believe) /Developer/usr/bin was a thing, so maybe that’s a
holdover from a prior OS.  If you checked in the config.log you might see a
different error than before from using an outdated clang.

It sounds like maybe your Xcode command-line tools need reinstallation.  See if
“sudo xcode-select --install” works, and if not, you’ll need to download them
again from developer.apple.com

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison