On 2015 Sep 10, at 2:07 PM, Daniel Macks <dma...@netspace.org> wrote:

        Sorry for not getting back to you right away.

> Do you have "pango1-xft2-ft219" installed, or just
> "pango1-xft2-ft219-shlibs" (and possibly ...-dev)?

        The binary was just pango1-xft2-ft219-shlibs.  Of course, i couldn't
build that by itself ["no matching package description"], so ended up
generating pango1-xft2-ft219.  Rebuilding Freeciv against *that* worked a
charm.  The weird thing is, i already HAD a BuildDepends against
pango1-xft2-ft219-dev.  Somehow my package built without that being present..,

        Possibly related, when i rebuilt Freeciv in the presence of
pango1-xft2-ft219-dev it suddenly requested eleven more dependencies that it
hadn't asked for the first go round.  I will check to see if i still have that
list.

sent from Mountain Lion

One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel.