> On Dec 3, 2015, at 19:31, Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 3, 2015, at 17:54, Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal
>> <roy.mendelss...@noaa.gov> wrote:
>>
>> A colleague just installed fink on his computer.  The relevant info is:
>>
>>> Package manager version 0.39.2
>>> Distributing version selfupdate-rsync 10.10, x86.64
>>>
>>> OS X ver 10.10.5
>>>
>> and he has the latest version of Xcode.   We are trying to install netcdf,
>> and it fails on gcc5-5.2.0-2.  Now there are a lot reasons it fails,
>> including things  in /usr/local that conflict, and we will take care of
>> those.  But the first error given is:
>>
>>> usr/bin/patch -p1 < /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/finkinfo/languages/gcc5.patch
>>> patching file gcc/config/darwin-c.c
>>> patching file gcc/config/darwin.h
>>> patching file gcc/config/darwin.opt
>>> patching file gcc/config/darwin12.h
>>> patching file gcc/config.gcc
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/g++.dg/special/conpr-3.C
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-10.c
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-11.c
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-12.c
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-3.c
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-4.c
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-5.c
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-6.c
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-7.c
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-8.c
>>> patching file gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/darwin-minversion-9.c
>>> patching file libatomic/config/darwin/host-config.h
>>> patching file libatomic/config/darwin/lock.c
>>> patching file libatomic/configure.tgt
>>> patching file libjava/Makefile.am
>>> patching file libjava/Makefile.in
>>> /usr/bin/patch -p1 <
>>> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/finkinfo/languages/gcc5-boehmgc-hack.patch
>>> patching file boehm-gc/include/private/gcconfig.h
>>> sudo -u fink-bld [ENV] sh -c /tmp/fink.nNB91
>>> /tmp/fink.bnULJ
>>> #!/bin/bash -ev
>>>     . /sw/sbin/fink-buildenv-helper.sh
>>> # Copyright (c) 2015, Hanspeter Niederstrasser
>>> # All rights reserved.
>>> #
>>> # Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
>>> # a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
>>> # "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
>>> # without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
>>> # distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
>>> # permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
>>> # the following conditions:
>>> #
>>> # The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
>>> # included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>>> #
>>> # THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
> [...]

I spoke too soon.

gcc5 was using fink-buildenv-modules to get the real location of X11 (!) in a
platform-independent way.  This isn’t necessary any more for 10.9  and later
(if you’re using fink-0.39.x) and I just updated gcc5 to point at /opt/X11
directly, as is appropriate for 10.8 and later.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison