Hi Baba,
Is Baba a proper way to address you? I've seen your name on IRC chat boards that way, but want to make sure I am addressing you correctly.

Thanks adding 2.12!

I just updated Fink and ran a Fink update-all, and saw 2.10 had an update.
I tried to update and failed with the same linking issues. I am not sure what the update to 2.10 was, but if it dealt with linking, it does not appear to be working. 2.12 fails with the same issue as well.

I used the same workaround (moving Library/Framework/*Qt to Library/Framework/QT_frames temporarily) and it worked fine.

I did not install the Kyng Chaos module, so I am not sure what third party software installed the Qt_framework I currently have, though I am surprised at this point they are not 64-bit compliant versions, which seems to be the primary Fink complaint if I'm reading the error message correctly.

美彦 馬場 <mailto:babayoshih...@mac.com>
January 11, 2016 at 1:41 PM
Hi Monica, Alexander,

I expect many Fink QGIS users install both third party software to install KyngChaos’s QGIS binary. So I will try to explicitly link to Fink’s libraries.

Also, 2.12 is coming soon.

Thanks.

Alexander Hansen <mailto:alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
January 11, 2016 at 12:49 PM
You’re welcome.

Yeah, that’s the problem with some third-party installs. It can be hard to track down what system-visible libraries they installed where.

Monica L Wolfson <mailto:monniew...@gmail.com>
January 11, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Great, the workaround (to move the Qt files in /Library/Frameworks/ to a temp folder) worked!

After your last email I was wondering if I could just do something like that, but I get nervous moving around files when I don't fully understand which program installed them and if they're system-critical.

And yes, good guess on the connection. I would not ordinarily have mentioned "my hubby" in a help forum such as this, but as Kurt is a Fink maintainer for some packages, I figured many of you guys know him, or at least know of him. :)

Thank you, Alexander!

Alexander Hansen wrote:
Alexander Hansen <mailto:alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
January 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM