Jack,

> On 30 Sep 2016, at 8:23 pm, Jack Howarth <howarth.at.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Does the attached guile20 packaging for the 2.0.12 release work? Both
> MacPorts and Homebrew are building on Sierra with the same patch using the
> 2.0.12 release.
>             Jack
> ps This packaging works fine here on El Capitan with Xcode 8.1 beta (don't
> have hardware for Sierra).

got my MacBook upgraded to Sierra now, and now the build in fact defaults to
ac_cv_func_clock_gettime=yes,
which fails again with

  CC       libguile_2.0_la-stime.lo
../../libguile/stime.c:119:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
'clock_gettime' is invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  clock_gettime (CLOCK_REALTIME, &ts);
  ^
../../libguile/stime.c:119:18: error: use of undeclared identifier
'CLOCK_REALTIME'
  clock_gettime (CLOCK_REALTIME, &ts);
                 ^
../../libguile/stime.c:828:22: error: use of undeclared identifier
'CLOCK_REALTIME'
  if (clock_gettime (CLOCK_REALTIME, &posix_real_time_base) == 0)

Adding ac_cv_func_clock_gettime=no to ConfigParams instead lets the build
succeed.
I am a bit confused about my Xcode installation now, though, because after the
failure
with the first variant fink tells me:

Also include the following system information:
Package manager version: 0.41.0
Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Fri Sep 30 23:54:16 2016, 10.12, x86_64
Trees: stable/main local/main local/injected unstable/main
Xcode.app: 8.0
Xcode command-line tools: 7.3.1.0.1.1461711523
Max. Fink build jobs:  1

However according to AppStore I have installed both the update to
“Command Line Tools (OS X 10.11) for Xcode Version 7.3” and
“Command Line Tools (macOS Sierra version 10.12) for Xcode Version 8.0”

and gcc -v

Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.38)

xcode-select does not offer any useful options here.

I should perhaps also note that updating llvm-gcc42 failed with this rather
nondescriptive error:

Adding multilib support to Makefile in
/scratch.noindex/fink.build/llvm-gcc42-2336.11-37/objroot/src/libiberty
with_multisubdir=i386
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
+ exit 1
make[1]: *** [llvmgcc42] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2

Anyway, with just the modified ConfigParams guile20 seems to work both on El
Capitan and Sierra,
and I was also able to rebuild ffmpeg with the new guile20 installed…

Cheers,
                                        Derek