Thanks for all your great and persevering work.

James.

Alexander Hansen wrote:

On Nov 10, 2016, at 12:15, <james.gunn...@csiro.au> <james.gunn...@csiro.au> wrote:

All,
    Identical issue with plotutils  (graph -TX) too.
A rebuild of that package didn't help. Is this the flat-namespace issue
with the X libraries from recent Xquartzen?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
      James.

James Gunning
CSIRO
Clayton, Vic., Australia
From: Andrea Cavalli <andrea.cava...@irb.usi.ch>
Sent: Thursday, 10 November 2016 10:42 PM
To: fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net >> fink-users mailing list
Subject: [Fink-users] emacs stops working after update-all

After fink update-all (done because xmgrace was not working anymore), xmgrace fails with error:

Error: Couldn't find per display information

Fink 0.41.0
Mac OS 10.11.6
XQuartz 2.7.11 (xorg-server 1.18.4)

Thanks
Andrea

Dr. Andrea Cavalli
Institute for Research in Biomedicine
Via Vincenzo Vela 6
CH-6500 Bellinzona

Email:   andrea.cava...@irb.usi.ch

Phone:  +41 (0)91  820 0303

http://www.open-almost.org

The two issues  are kind of related to that:  we rolled our own non-flat-namespace libXt for libxaw3dxft-using packages to avoid forcing people to update Xquartz, since libXt switched from flat to two level namespace along the way, and we wanted non-Motif packages all to use the two level version.   Unfortunately, other X11 libraries link to libXt and apparently don’t like mixing Fink’s and XQuartz’s versions of that library.

I’m in the process of putting up some interim test package builds to try out.  These have a decimal revision, so that they will replace your currently installed packages, and will in turn be replaced by the official solutions.  To use them:

1) Update XQuartz to 2.7.10 or later.  Currently fink doesn’t have an obvious way to track that, but the next release should.
2) Download the relevant .info and .patch files from https://github.com/akhansen/Fink-experimental/tree/master/libXt to /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo.  You will need the items for libxaw3dxft and whatever other package you’re interested in.
3)  Update libxaw3dft(-shlibs) first, and then install your other package(s).

This isn’t an exhaustive list, because I can’t spend too much time not doing my paid job.  I’ll add packages as time permits.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison