On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:45:37 +0000, Bill Waggoner wrote:
>> I am learning Qt and have installed it with fink including Assistant. I
>> cloned the github project to get the examples and can run qtdemo.py and the
>> window comes up andis responsive. I also installed the docs via fink. But
>> the demo claims the docs aren't installed and when I try to run Assistant
>> from /sw/Applications/Qt5 or from /sw/lib/qt5-mac/bin/ I get a brief icon
>> in the dock that quickly disappears. Running it from the command-line does
>> the same.
>>
>> If I run the executable inside the app I get the following error:
>>
>> QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
>> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>> Error reading collection file '/var/root/Library/Application
>> Support/QtProject/Assistant/qthelpcollection_5.7.1.qhc': Cannot load sqlite
>> database driver..

I don't know what is doing that actual loading and I don't know what fink
package (if any) supplies that file, but it looks like the path is not
correctly set for fink's prefix.

>> I have sqlite3 installed but that doesn't help.
>>
>> fink list shows "qt5-mac-qtsql-sqlite-plugin" but it does not find it for
>> install or describe.
>>
>> Is that what I need and How do I get it?

It's probably actually "qt5-mac-qtsql-sqlite-plugins". Using 'fink list'
sometimes truncates package names unless you use the '-t' flag. I have no idea
if that is the package you need.

dan