On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Fangohr H. <h.fang...@soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> The third file (filename question_odeint.py) contains an attempt to
> reformulate this so that scipy.integrate.odeint is used for the time
> integration.
>
> We think the current stumbling block is that we don't know how to ask fipy to
> simply compute the dy/dt term, so that we can hand this back to odeint() in
> the function rhs().

In the third example you are using "getRHSvector". This just returns "b" from

   A x = b

In some sense you need "A x - b" or "b - A x". For this you could use
justResidualVector. However, this really defeats the purpose of using
FiPy as you will no longer be using an implicit scheme, but an
explicit scheme. You also might not want the transient term in the
FiPy equation definition since odeint deals with this. Not sure how to
get around the implicit/explicit issue though.

--
Daniel Wheeler