On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Kendall Boniface
<kendall.bonif...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried to set up a 3D mesh using Gmsh, but have not been very
> successful. Could anyone offer some insight as to how I can set this up
> successfully?

I pasted the gmsh commands into a file and ran gmsh on it. It threw a
weird error

   ** On entry to DGESVD parameter number  6 had an illegal value

What error did you get? Did you adapt the gmsh commands from
somewhere? Maybe we could work from that and check that those commands
work correctly. Googling the error indicates that it has something to
do with the tolerance for recombination. Try rescaling the problem so
the edge lengths are close to 1. Also cut and paste the gmsh commands
into a geo file and run that against gmsh rather than using fipy
making it easier to debug.

--
Daniel Wheeler