On Feb 22, 2013, at 2:27 PM, Raymond Smith wrote:

> So as far as I can tell, you were exactly right, and numpy-1.7.0 was causing
> the issues. If there's anything else I can do that would help clarify what's
> going on or help ease the transition to numpy-1.7.0, let me know.

Can you try again with the released version of NumPy 1.7.0?

I see from your log at http://pastebin.com/grn7Maki that you were running numpy
version 1.7.0b2 when you got all those errors. I have not yet tested on Ubuntu,
but on my Mac OS X machine I get only two of those errors ("IndexError: index
34417792 is out of bounds for axis 0 with size 2" and "ImportError: cannot
import name _formatInteger"), plus a third error that seems unique to my
machine (and which I also get with NumPy 1.6.1).

The first two issues are filed as http://matforge.org/fipy/ticket/556 and
http://matforge.org/fipy/ticket/557.