On Jul 3, 2013, at 12:59 AM, Caleb Hattingh <caleb.hatti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The attached patch was made against the current "develop" branch.  The trac
> issue tracker at matforge would not allow me to register in order to create a
> ticket for this ("The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable"),
> otherwise I would have put a pull request there on a new ticket.

This has been a point of frustration for several months. You have our apologies
for the inconvenience. I'll contact you offline with login credentials.

I have filed your ticket at http://matforge.org/fipy/ticket/645

> The attached patch defines a numerix.INT_DTYPE value that is set based on the
> detected platform.    I then changed a handful of dtype=int references in a
> few other files, to refer to the new definition in numeric.

Thank you for the diagnosis and the patch. We'll take a quick look at it, but
this sounds like a reasonable approach (although I'm surprised that it hasn't
been encountered by the NumPy/SciPy folks already).