On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 5:35 AM, Kryštof Pilnáček - VŠCHT
<pilna...@vscht.cz> wrote:

> So the question is: how to write the convective term with abs in the way of
> FiPy or do I need to make up my own FiPy term?

I don't believe there is any way to do this with stock FiPy terms. I
guess the first question is whether you want the convection term to be
implicit in some way, usually it doesn't matter. If you don't care
whether the convection term is implicit then you can discretize the
convection term in anyway you like (using numpy arrays) and add the
convection term as a source term. Create a function to discretize the
convection term and then update a CellVariable that represents this
term at every time step.

Hope that helps.

--
Daniel Wheeler