Hello,

I am a completely newbie in the use of FiPy but I tried to understand by
using the different examples and particularly the ones on diffusion
problems. However without any success sinces several weeks... this is
the reason of my email to the list to find some help from more qualified
users...

My diffusion problem is summarized in the attached pdf file.

  * An alpha(mostly A with a limited solubility of B)+beta(pure B) alloy
    is in contact with a third element and a reaction occurs.
  * The thickening of the tau reaction layer, that is rich in element B,
    induces a depletion in B of the two phase layer
  * Depletion in B leads to the formation of a pure alpha layer
  * As the process continues, tau and alpha layers thickens

From experimental study I have the rate of growth (constants Ktau and
Kas) of the Tau and alpha layers.

I would like to know if this diffusion process could be simulated by
using FiPy ?  The quantity I am interested in is the concentration in B
at the left hand side of the alpha layer, at interface with the tau layer.

I tried to simplify the problem by using only one moving boundary (the
alpha/alpha+beta) and giving a flux condition on the tau/alpha interface
bu without any success.

Does anyone have an idea on how to model this in FiPy ?

Regards,
Olivier

La France est en 5e position pour le nombre de publications et en 26e pour le
financement de la recherche académique.
Notre système de recherche est-il inefficace ou insuffisamment financé ?

http://recherche-en-danger.apinc.org/

Dr Olivier DEZELLUS
Laboratoire des Multimatériaux et Interfaces (UMR 5615)
http://lmi.cnrs.fr/
43, Bd du 11 Novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne Cedex
Tel: 04 72 44 83 86