These IPython notebooks are great.  I had some setup issues getting started
on my computer (conflicting MPI versions), but that is solved.  There
appear to be some subtle differences between the version of pandas I have
and what you made the notebook with.  I can't plot the results (NaN values
in the dataframes result in some errors), but this is not an important
issue right now.

e.g., there is an issue with this line:
runtimes = runtimes.append({'N' : N, 'iterations' : iterations, 'mode' :
mode, 'suite' : suite, 'run time' : runtime})

pandas complains about needing "ignore_index=True" to do this operation

I know this is not the place to ask about pandas, but I thought I would
point that out.

Thanks for providing these as an example.  I just need to spend some more
time trying to understand the IPython notebook and parallel-calculation
framework, to see how I can apply things from these notebooks to what I
want to do.  It is all pretty slick, but I am like a fish out of water when
I can't use my emacs keybindings :)

Kris