Hi Bill,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I tried running the scripts again in
the different conda environments (with and without Trilinos) and do indeed
get the same error as you. I probably didn't switch environments properly
when I tried this before. Anyway, I think I've fixed the issue, the changes
I made are

http://matforge.org/fipy/changeset/b7246011a00584b5e6757404b2b51ca47d71004a/fipy/

and the ticket

    http://matforge.org/fipy/ticket/669

You'll have to fetch from the main repository and checkout the
ticket669-pickle_comm branch to got these changes if they are important to
you.

Cheers,

Daniel

--