On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 4:21 PM,  <ronghai...@fau.de> wrote:
> Dear Fipy Developers,
>
> When I try to test the parallel running by $ mpirun -np 3 python
> examples/parallel.py. I got the following error massage.
>
> from PyTrilinos import Epetra
> ImportError: No module named PyTrilinos
>
> If I understand correctly, Trilinos is a huge package with many
> sub-packages(including PyTrilions and Epetra). I do not want to install
> all of the Trilinos. So, I am wondering if there is the list of minimum
> required packages for parallel running regarding the Trilinos?

I think Jon listed out what we normally specify for cmake when
installing Trilinos to work with FiPy. I don't worry about the
quantity of packages installed. I think the duration of the
installation is much more concerning and I don't believe that it is
that long for Trilinos anymore. Last time I installed Trilinos it
didn't feel that long probably less than an hour. FiPy only uses two
packages in Trilinos, I believe, but it really isn't worth setting up
the cmake script to optimize this. Something will just go wrong and
you'll spend hours debugging it. There are all sorts of dependencies
within Trilinos so there isn't much point optimizing unless you really
know Trilinos well IMO.

--
Daniel Wheeler