I am trying to solve the standard fickean diffusion equation on a 1D uniform
mesh in (0,1)

$$\frac{\partial \phi}{\partial t} = \nabla.(D \nabla\phi)$$

with a suitable initial value for $\phi(x,t)$.

The problem is that, one of my boundary conditions is implicit, i.e. is a
function of the field variable being solved for.

$ \frac{\partial\phi}{\partial t} = k \phi $ , at the right boundary edge, k =
constant

The left BC is not a problem, it is just a standard no-flux BC.

How do I cast this implicit BC in FiPy ? Any help/pointers will be much
appreciated.

Best regards

Krishna
Imperial College London