I see the standard python math library imported a lot in examples provided by
fipy users.

Please don't do this.

The math library supplies nothing useful for fipy (anything useful in math is
available from numpy, which we provide as numerix). As seen in the example of
M. Chudeau, math can override things that fipy depends upon from numpy and
spicy.

If you insist, please keep clean namespaces with `import math` instead of `from
math import *`. This is good advice for all your imports. We've hopefully
removed all instances of `from ___ import *` from our own examples.