Sorry for the slow response, see answers below.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Gopalakrishnan, Krishnakumar
<krishnaku...@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> However, my questions are more general, to be executed when updateOld() is
> called.
>
> ·         What’s the default implicit scheme in fipy?

It's fully implicit unless the user sets it up in a different way.

> ·         How does one go about implementing a specific 2nd order
> time-stepping scheme such as (Adams-Bashforth, BDF etc.)

We don't have any easy way to do higher order time stepping right now
and I'm not aware of any attempts to do so.

> ·         Is there any way to use the FVM only for the spatial
> discretisation, i.e. use a method of lines approach for the time-stepping ?

It might be possible with source terms, but I haven't tried.

> I apologise if the questions sound too basic here. I am just curious about
> understanding fipy’s default scheme and implementing an own time-stepper.

It's a very good question, but I don't have any helpful answers.

--
Daniel Wheeler