On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:33 AM, Francisco Vega Reyes <fv...@unex.es> wrote:
> How do I implement a boundary condition \partial T /\partial y = 0 at
> facesTop (for instance)?

In that case, I don't believe that you need to add any constraints as
that is the natural boundary condition for a diffusion term. It might
depend on the equation being solved though in FiPy.

> It seems to me that doing var.faceGrad.constrain(((0,),(0,)),
> where=mesh.facesTop) (the initial example in the manual) I would be like
> doing \partial T /\partial x + \partial T /\partial y = 0...

This might be nonsensical, but I think that the constraints have no
impact for any quantity that is tangential to the direction of the
outbound normal only the normal direction. That could well be a
weakness with the notation as we currently have it in FiPy.

--
Daniel Wheeler