Hi Thibault,

I started down the road of implementing a Riemann solver in FiPy, see

https://github.com/usnistgov/fipy/blob/riemann/fipy/terms/baseRoeConvectionTerm.py

Unfortunately, I never completed and merged this work. You might want
to look into CLAWPACK for a code to better handle compressible flow.

I've given a few answers about this in the past as well, see

   - http://git.net/ml/python-fipy/2012-02/msg00024.html

   - http://fipy.nist.narkive.com/A0gJrSl2/semilinear-wave-equation-in-fipy

   - http://fipy.nist.narkive.com/YVZTRM0G/1d-coupled-fluid-equations-in-fipy

Cheers,

Daniel

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Thibault Bridel-Bertomeu
<thibault.bridellel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I was wondering if anyone had ever tried implementing the compressible euler
> equations in FiPy ?
> I have been trying for a while now but even in 1D I can’t get a proper shock
> tube solution.
>
> If anyone has ever tried, I would be infinitely grateful if they were to
> share their knowledge !!
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> T. BRIDEL-BERTOMEU

Daniel Wheeler