Hi Nils,

FiPy is not written for Python 3, but it does work after applying
2to3. However, only the Scipy solvers are then available. See,

https://www.ctcms.nist.gov/fipy/documentation/USAGE.html#running-under-python-3

To fully make the switch to Python 3, FiPy needs to be natively
updated, which hasn't happened yet. Also, FiPy needs to move away from
using Trilinos as PyTrilinos hasn't been updated to Python 3.
Unfortunately, I can't give a timeline on when those changes will be
made.

Cheers,

Daniel

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Nils Becker
<nils.bec...@bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm considering updating my scripts from 2.7 to python 3.4 or 3.6.
> should i expect any problems? is fipy tested on py 3?
>
> thanks!

Daniel Wheeler