Hello,

I am trying to model heat diffusion through a wall using FiPy. Essentially,
hot air on one side of the wall would heat the wall, and the wall would
subsequently heat a phase change material on the other side (See picture
below). The eventual goal would be to have the phase change material
properties change as the heat increases. I am having a few issues with
setting boundary conditions however.

The goal of the model would be to have the heat flux at the wall be equal
to the heat flux of the fluid on each respective side. Further, the heat
flux of one of the fluids (a phase change material) would be 0 at the side
not in contact with the wall. (I've included a copy of my FiPy code as is,
and a series of equations and boundary conditions below).

Right now, the temperature for the air and wall are staying constant, while
the phase change material temperature drops. I think how I've defined the
boundary conditions are to blame, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

--
Daniel DeSantis

[image: image.png]