That's not unsurprising.
The scipy solvers are terribly slow *and* the pysparse LU solver is quite fast,
but uses a lot of memory.

From: fipy-boun...@nist.gov <fipy-boun...@nist.gov> on behalf of Dario Panada
<dario.pan...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:03 PM
To: FIPY
Subject: A very basic question

Hello,

I apologize in advance as this is probably a very basic question. I recently
changed from the default solver  (I believe this is SciPy) to PySparse by
running my script with the --pysparse flag.

A 3D diffusion problem that was solved in ~1 minute is now solved in ~5-10
seconds. I know PySparse is meant to be faster, but is it reasonable to expect
an improvement of this magnitude or should I check some config/installation?