On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 11:37 AM Guyer, Jonathan E. Dr. (Fed) via fipy
<fipy@nist.gov> wrote:

> I'm not sure why you are skeptical. FiPy does not use VTK internally, so the
> fact that the FiPy mesh is defined appropriately for its own use has nothing
> to do with whether we export it correctly as VTK. It would appear that we do
> not output VTK_CONVEX_POINT_SETs correctly.

FiPy doesn't order the cell to face indices, face to vertex indices or
cell to vertex indices in any particular way. It doesn't matter for
the FV method. It only matters for the direction of the normals and
that's accounted for. I remember that those orderings are wrong for
VTK as that does require a specific ordering (right (or left) hand
rule or something like that).

--
Daniel Wheeler