I meant to tell you about finding the NY Police Firearm Discharge Report
for 2006 posted by the NY Civil Liberties Union at:
http://www.nyclu.org/files/nypd_firearms_report_102207.pdf

I'm sure the NYPD has reports available for other years, but I've not
found them on the web.

Phil

> This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to
> consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to
> properly handle MIME multipart messages.
>

> Are there Police Departments that keep stats on every time an officers
weapon is drawn and aimed at another human being?  Data that would
record number of drawings (and reason for doing so), shootings, hits,
injuries, and deaths from the officer's use of firearms.