It seems that the golfers were arrested pending an investigation that
they acted in self-defense and did not use more force than necessary.
In this, civilian gun users in this country using lethal force alleging
self-defense would likely be treated similarly, not so?

Phil

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5310445/Golfers-arrested-after-fighting-off-gang-attempting-to-steal-clubs.html