Don Kilmer wrote:
> What makes this decision absurd, is that if this case had been
> adjudicated in 1890, well after the 2nd Amendment's actual incorporation
> via the constitutional text of the 14th Amendment, the court would be
> upholding a state ban on lever-action rifles.
>
> Sure, the case is about guns, but at its heart, it's about technology
> that state actors believe to be "dangerous."
>
> Dangerous to whom is a question left to the student.

To that end, a thought experiment RE technology:

Computers are now the primary way pedophiles get access to their victims
(1), yet I have not heard anyone trying to push for limiting access to
computers to reduce the number of victims by pedophiles, even using the
"If it saves just one child" angle.

Why? I assume it's because  everyone knows it's the person behind the
computer and that the vast majority of computer users don't use computers
to harm children. I would think most would consider it illogical
punishment to the vast majority of computer users who have committed no
crime with their computer and would consider it a serious impingement on
their Right to Free Speech/1 Amend Rights, even though owning a computer
itself is not protected under the Constitution.

If it was a poll, it would be telling. Those who chose #1, would be
accused support pedos out there and a terrible person.

Poll Qs I used for above:

I will accept no limitation on my computer access even if it saved one child

I'd be willing to have my access limited if I thought it would help

I'd be willing to buy only government approved comps that strongly limited
my access

I'll do anything to help even if it meant no net access for everyone but
the government

Source via the FBI:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/may/predators_051711

--
Sincerely,

Author and industry consultant, Will Brink @ www.BrinkZone.com

Free articles, free ebook, and other stuff of interest to fitness
enthusiasts, see my site at:

http://www.brinkzone.com/

Remember, "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from
mediocre
minds."  -- Einstein