On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Vlad Khorsun
<hv...@users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> > Another issue here is that when a non-recoverable error
> > happens (e.g. request synchronisation error),
>
>    Hmm... is it unrecoverable error ? BTW, request synchronisation error
> could happen only
> at fetching records, iirc...

Between a prepare and a commit, the only irrecoverable errors I know of are
disk errors and communication errors.  All data is already on disk and there
is no additional processing (give or take post-commit triggers). But there
could be a fatal disk error in changing the transaction state, or the
machine that ran that part of the transaction could have dropped into the
San Andreas  fault.

Both happy thoughts.

Cheers,

Ann