> On 09/12/2011 16:34, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
>>> CORE-3073 [1] requires special BLR verb meaning "get the default value
>>> of a field". There is request to expose the same functionality in SQL
>>> too, but doesn't matter here.
>>>
>>> These cascade triggers are system triggers but are backed-up and
>>> restored. If we use new BLR on them, downgrades via gbak will not work.
>>>
>>> So is this acceptable, that in some cases people must recreate database
>>> from script to downgrade?
>>      Is it possible to make v2.5.2 also understand and execute (but not
>> generate)
>> this new blr verb ? It will enable to downgrade 3.0 ->  2.5.2.
>>

> Yes, but AFAIK we had such type of discussion (of add new blrs for
> backward compatibility reason) in the past and choose to not do it in a
> specific case.

    Hmm... I don't remember it.

    Anyway, if cost of implementation of such verb is relatively low and as
soon
as old engine will not generate such verb i see no problem with it.

    We can even trow exception on execution of such verbs and suggest to
re-create corresponding metadata object.

Just my $0.02,
Vlad