Hi!

Warnings were always a second-class citizen in Firebird. Usage of them
in the design of new features were already rejected because "nobody
checks them".

As I told some time ago, I was testing a scheme to implement/use our
public interfaces in a more C++ way.

That is most related to exceptions. It must catch exceptions and encode
in IStatus and check IStatus and raise exceptions. All of that
automatically and without violate cross-method boundaries.

Note: I'm not talking about change the interfaces, it must continue
using they status parameter for cross-language/-compiler
interoperability.I talk only about the C++ layer.

There is one problem. We can't make it really C++ friendly without
removing the need to pass a status everywhere, but there is no way to
return warnings without them. We can maintain the status parameter, but
then, it makes things still ugly.

Would you consider about removing warnings from Firebird? By remove I
mean that inner layers will not carry them anymore for user. That even
means that someone using v3 API and old engine will not see them anymore.

Adriano