> the fbtrace.conf for FB 2.5.2 states:
> # String values should be enclosed into (any kind of) quotes if contains
> # spaces embedded, for example:
> # log_filename 'C:\Documents and Settings\Firebird\My Documents\trace.log'
> # include_filter "Database Stats"
>
> What if the string contains single/double quote (and same character is
> used for enclosing)? How the server expects the string to be? Using
> backslash (i.e. \") or doubling the character (i.e. "")?

    Backslash should work for all kind of regexp's (include_filter,
exclude_filter,
database name pattern).

   At log_filename substitutions is expanded and resulting string is passed to
the OS call. So, OS will decide what to do with log_filename with quotes around
and\or inside it. I'd say you shouldn't handle inner quotes, at least on WIndows
it is so.

Regards,
Vlad