05.01.2013 12:35, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
 > 05.01.2013 10:55, Александр Пешков wrote:
 >> When record on a data page is garbage collected a lot of other pages are
 >> touched - indices
 >> for example.
 >
 >     A dumb question: when touched pages are flushed to disk?
 >
 > a) after each single version removal
 > b) after all versions of a record removal
 > c) after all versions of all records on a data page removal
 > d) after complete garbage collection for all records in list.

   In general, pages are written as result of
a) page cache preemption (when new page should be read into cache
      and least recently used page is dirty)
b) precedence writes (when some dirty page is about to be written
      it forced writes of all pages it dependent on)
c) another attachment in CS\SC asks our attachment to release the
      page lock we own and page is dirty in our local cache
d) flush at commit\rollback\end_of_sweep\detach

Regards,
Vlad