On 05/08/13 23:54, Thomas Beckmann wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> as you proposed, I corrected
>   UserManager = Legacy_UserManager
> and was able to add a user, but still, using that account in accessing
> the FB3.0-database from FB2.5, I get "your username and password is not
> defined".

Is AuthServer parameter correct?
AuthServer = Srp, Win_Sspi, Legacy_Auth

You may also try
AuthServer = Legacy_Auth

in case you have problems.

> Can I check whether my new user is in old format (how?).

Best of all give him some First/Middle/Last Name and use list users
command with appropriate UserManager turned on. Reverting to default
user manager you should not see that user.

> I switched
> UserManager back to default and restarted server before trying to
> connect - or does the UserManager has to remain "legacy" as long as I
> want to do my experiments from FB2.5?

No, it does not affect authentication - just management.